Wednesday, May 30, 2007

CAR INSURANCE !!!!

Yes, it's that time of year again, the car insurance is due ! I understand the need for car insurance, but I can't help feeling really taken atvantage of when it comes to the cost. Currently we have Nationwide as our carrier and have for about 6 years. We have 3 vehicles, the newest is a 2003, then we have a 2001 and a 1997, no accidents or tickets at all and of course the premium has gone up. Why, you may ask, well, when I called my agency I was told by a very sweet woman that as the cost of car repairs increase so do the premiums. Okay, so we as consumers get screwed again, I thanked her and hung up the phone.



Well lo and behold in my mail today is a letter from Geico (don't cha love their little gecko) and it says that I can get a quote online. Well this is all me, I don't have to talk to anyone and I can see how much I'll save. It was really easy, especially since I have all of my current info on the renewal stuff that Nationwide sent out. It took me maybe 10 minutes to fill out the info on the Geico site and just a couple of minutes for their quote to pop up. And are you ready for this..............are ya sitting down..................Geico's rate is almost $400.00 a year cheaper ! Now I don't know about you, but to me $400.00 is a nice chunk of change, just think of all the yarn you could buy ! But here's my dilemma, no one I know has Geico insurance, so I don't know if they are really any good. So is it worth $400.00 a year if they suck as an insurance company ? I know that they've been around for a while, but so have lots of other "rip off" companies. Hmmmmmm, I'll have to discuss this with Ralph when he gets home.



Oh and on a complete different note, did ya see who commented on my last post ? Why it was Linoleum Lady herself !! Isn't that cool !?!



Until tomorrow............

No comments: