Friday, February 16, 2007

Vintage Acrylic Yarn

I'm the lucky receipiant of lots of vintage yarn ! My cousin called and said that she came across some yarn and a few magazines that belonged to my aunt. Then she asked if I wanted it. How could I say no ? First of all it belonged to my dear aunt, which makes it super special and second, who among us doesn't want to add to their stash at no cost. This is what it consisted of...............

As you can see, lots of truely vintage stuff, one even has a price sticker of 47 cents ! I'm not quite sure yet what I'll do with all of it , but some of it will become an afghan or maybe just a lapghan for me. And I just got these vintage books in the mail yesterday, I ordered them before I knew I was getting any yarn. That's another thing to make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have been crocheting also, but have only taken a few photos, which I'll save for the next post. I've made several hats for a friend of Ralph's that has just started chemo, an amigurumi crochet giraffe for my nephew's wife, a couple of hats for me and another Snuggly Scarf (i love, love,love this scarf) this one is for me. I'm also working on an afghan for my sister and another for my nephew. I threw in some of the smaller stuff to break the boredom of working on afghans. They really look good when finished but are a bit boring to work on.

So stop back soon, I promise there will be more pictures to see ..................

1 comment:

Deneen said...

Cool score-the magazines are very neat too.

Busy, busy crochet plans.