Friday, October 19, 2007

Aaahhhhhhhhh Autumn

When asked what my favorite season is, I alway seem to hesitate because I like them all. Winter with it's cold, crisp nights and moon light glistening off of the snow. Spring when everything seems to come alive again with it's yellow green color and crocus peeking through the grass and daffodils. Summer with it's balmy nights and roses and warm fresh tomatoes straight from the vine. But autumn, autumn seems to overwelm my senses. The leaves all red, orange, yellow and brown and the smell of them, I love how they smell. I love to walk through the newly fallen leaves all crunchy and smelling so good. And there are the first smells of fireplaces and thoughts turn to cuddling with the one I love.
Yes I'd have to say that autumn is my favorite, it's the season I missed the most when I lived in Florida. Every year as part of my birthday gift my sister would send me a bag of leaves and I'd always open the bag before I opened my real gift. I'd open it and take a huge wiff ..................then I'd dump them out and just look at them for a while, admiring all of their beauty.
No, the leaves above aren't ones that my sister sent me many years ago. They're fresh from my backyard. Yep dorky as it sounds I go around my yard and pick out what I think are the prettiest, just like little kids do. Yep, autumn is my favorite.

So what's your favorite season ?

2 comments:

Deneen said...

I like Fall and Summer the best-I used to hate summer, but as I get older, I don't mind the heat as much anymore. I also have A/C for when it's really hot too!

If I could, I would avoid winter all together-I don't mind it up til Christmas (okay, I hate the cold, but still), but then I would be happy for it to be done with.

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful post! I miss my parents,,,,,,. Anyway, I agree, autumn is the pick.