Saturday, October 13, 2007

Latest Scores !

Not a whole heck of a lot of playing with yarn, up until just a few days ago it was just too warm to be in much of a yarn mood. But there has been a big weather change and at last it feels like fall.
Even though I haven't been making anything doesn't mean I can't buy more yarn.....................right ;)
Here's a shot of my purchases over the last few days.

This is from Knitwits, they're having a sale and my sister and I rode out Wednesday night.
As you can see, I didn't go crazy, only 4 skeins. Two of Cascade Quatro in a really pretty combo of green and purples color #9439. Also two skeins of Autumn House Farm finneans in mountain lilac colorway, it's a beautiful combo of lilac, tan, blue/green with flecks of off white .
Then yesterday (friday) Ralph had to go to Johnstown, PA, so I went along for the drive, hoping to see some nice fall foliage. I also decided to see if there were any LYS in the area and as luck would have it there was !
It's called Blacksmith Exchange a quaint little shop with collection of antiques and yarn. Very friendly and a really great idea to display the two together. They didn't have a very big selection because it is a small place, but I still managed to find something. Two skeins of Mission Falls 1824 Wool in color 664, it's 100% merino superwash and very soft ! And more Autumn House Farm yarn, this time baby alpaca in Fox grape colorway, because this is baby alpaca the softness is amazing as are the colors in this colorway. I must say that I really like Autumn House Farm yarns and not because it's a semi-local spinner, it's just really nice stuff.
This all four skeins of the Autumn House Farm yarn, I thought they looked very autumn-like so I wanted to share another picture.

We were also going to stop at Kathy's Kreations on our way home, but we were a bit longer than we thought, but tomorrow ! Ah yes, tomorrow we'll be going back ! Not only to Kathy's but it's also Fort Ligonier Days, so we'll do some looking at some really nice "stuff"
Because we didn't stop yesterday, Ralph was feeling bad so when we stopped at the bookstore for a bathroom break and some coffee, he got me Crazy Aunt Purl's new book, Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair.
Oh, we also stopped at a roadside stand and got some Jonagold apples for a pie, some Fuji's for eating and some yummy concord grapes. Just because they looked so pretty and fall-like here's their picture too :)
Have a great weekend !

2 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

Beautiful table center . Great yarn,I know it is some kind of addiction to get this pretty yarn, but you will make something pretty some day.

Deneen said...

Gorgeous yarn! I love all of it. It reminds me of the Mystical Creations yarn I have still yet to wind!