Sunday, November 12, 2006

To Dye or Not to Dye

I had every intention to try some Kool Aide dyeing yesterday, but it never happened. I decided, unlike the crockpot dyeing, where I was just basically "playing", I wanted to do more of a controlled dyeing, you know measure the amount of dye solution, weigh my yarn, that sort of thing. This way if I create something I really like, it will be easy to duplicate. So I dragged out my handy digital kitchen scale, that I use to weigh yarn, and the stupid batteries were dead ! It was cold and nasty and rainy and I really didn't want to go out just for batteries, so no dyeing took place yesterday, maybe later today or tomorrow.

Since I couldn't dye, I decided to make myself a purse with some Cascade 220 I got a couple of months ago. It's in the washer as I type, I'll show it to you when it's all done.

In case you're wondering if I have all of my Christmas crocheting done, the answer is "NO". But for some reason, I just can't quite stay focused on them. I want to dye yarn, I want to make purses, and make slippers, all for me. Okay, enough procrastinating, I better get back to my Christmas crocheting, at least for a little while.

1 comment:

Deneen said...

I've finished one of the bigger items, but have been drawn to bags (for me), slippers (for me) also. I never weigh out my dyeing stuff, which is probably why I could never duplicate any dye batches I have come up with.