Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yarn Haul

Alas, blogger won't let me upload pictures again this morning, but I did try, maybe it will let me upload it later.
I wanted to show you my "haul" from Knit-Wits, which I learned about from a post that Cheryl made a while ago. (thank you very much Cheryl, I loved the place ).
I want to make a few scarves for gifts, which fit in perfectly with the CAL at FiberFreaks. So, since I can't share the picture I have to tell you what I got. Not too much diversity, but good scarf making stuff. Hmmmmmm, lets see should I save the best for last ? Yea, I thing that's what I'll do. First I got one skein of Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille at 30% off , it was the only one left, the color is what I would describe as a pale lime green. This of course is not for a scarf, but for a face cloth or two. Thanks to Deneen for telling me how nicely the cotton chenille works up into face cloths. Then I got 6 skeins of Plymouth Encore, 3 black and 3 yellow (gold). Why those two colors you ask ? I'm only 15 minutes from Pittsburgh and black and gold are Steeler colors ! I hope to get a scarf and a hat for my brother out of these. If there's some leftover, no problem, it will get used. The Encore feels really nice, it's 75% acrylic and 25%wool, so it should be really durable and hopefully warm. And last but not least, for a scarf for my sister (and i'm hoping me too) , 4 balls of Di.ve Mohair Kiss Ombre ,it's really yummy !. I chose a colorway that's predominately off white with camels and greys ( it looks like colorway 404), it is soooooooo soft and should make a really pretty scarf. I also have some homespun that is in my stash and has been for a while (about 2 years) that is going to become a scarf from a pattern that's in the 2007 Crochet Pattern a Day Calendar, the Snuggly Scarf. It just happens to be one of Deneen's patterns.
Now, I'm off to do some laundry. Have a great weekend !

1 comment:

Crafty Andy said...

Sometimes blogger does that, be patient LOL. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures.