Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wow, It's Been Over A Week !!

I know, I've been a bit lax on my blogging this past week, but I've got a lot accomplished. Just scroll down and look at all of the pictures.

My nephew was here for Thanksgiving, (acutually he arrived on Tuesday and left on Sunday), he loves thrift stores and I think I might start to visit them a little more often myself. I got all of this yarn for $6.50 ! All of it is 100% wool, the cream colored is Turbo Swilan from Switzerland and the grey, oops I mean siver birch (10 skeins all of the same dye lot) is Columbia-Minerva Icelandia. So when all of my holiday crocheting is done, some of this is going to be slippers for me.


Okay, then I received these beautiful stitch markers in the mail, they were from the swap at Fiber Freaks . I love, love, love them !

Next, I made these to send to my swap partners, sorry for the bad photo I was in a rush. These took me a bit of time, as they were my first attempt at stitch markers. It was really fun making them and I plan on making more !

Another package arrived in the mail for me and it was my teddy bear from the swap at Crochet Depot

I finished up the bear for my partner and packaged it up with a couple other things and sent him on his way.

I also decided I needed a new purse and I wanted it felted or fulled (whichever term you prefer). All of the patterns I could find didn't have a flap to close the purse, something that I really think is needed. So I messed around and came up with the purse below. It's made using Cascade 220, the color in the photo didn't come out very well, it's one of the tweeds. It reminds me of cinnamon toast, so I guess this is my Cinnamon Toast Bag.


Next, I needed to get a scarf done for my sister-in-law for a gift. Below is a pattern that is in the 2007 Crochet Pattern A Day Calendar, it's the Snuggly Scarf and the pattern is by Deneen . It's done with Lion Brand Homespun and it works up amazingly fast and looks great.
So now that her scarf was done it was time to dig into some of my "yarn haul" stuff and work on a scarf for my sister. Again, I couldn't find a pattern that I really liked, I wanted something that would show the "fuzziness" of the yarn. So I fiddled around and came up with the scarf below. It's "Sis's Scarf"

Here's a little close up , it's difficult to tell, but the "fuzziness factor" remains.

I've also begun a scarf for my brother and should have it done this weekend.
Besides crafting, I made Thanksgiving dinner, including 2 pumpkin pies ( yeah, i know they're quick and easy) , a pumpkin spice cake and a triple chocolate cake.
So you see, even though I haven't been blogging, I've been keeping busy. Now I gotta get back to the laundry........









2 comments:

Deneen said...

Wow! The yarn was a steal-I have lamented this before, all I have is a Goodwill and apparently someone there snags the stuff before it ever makes it out on the floor.

Your markers came out beautifully-I love the sheep (is he something you made?).

Beautiful FO's and the bear is adorable.

naomi said...

I got the yarn at a thrift store that is run by a local church. They had some really nice stuff, even some antiques, but they also had a little junk. I haven't checked back for more yarn yet, but I plan to.

I was really concerned about the stitch markers, since this was my first attempt. No, I didn't make the sheep. When I saw him I thought he was perfect for a marker.