Thursday, June 07, 2007

It's Not As If a Needed Another Craft

Back in February I went to the 4th Annual Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival and among other things I bought a needle felting kit. I hadn't forgotten about it, I just hadn't pulled it out yet. Well after seeing this post from Ladylinoleum over at Monster Crochet about a month ago, there has been this little voice in my head, nagging me to give the felting a try. So I dragged out the stuff that I bought and here is what I have so far.

Not nearly as cool has her eyeballs, but this little guy was just sceaming out to me.
Every bear should have a bit of a belly, right.....................

And then I hit a snag...................this being my first attempt at needle felting, which I absolutely LOVE, I ran out of the camel colored roving before my little guy could get arms and legs. Now I'm in a quandry, do I make them a darker color underneath ? I have a redish brown roving, I'm planning on putting the gray over top of it anyway. I have to give it some thought.
Needle felting is very time consuming, but I'm finding also very easy, only a few stabbed fingers.
I also whipped up this TP cover from another vintage pattern from ebay.
I apologize for the crappy pictures, I'm still getting used to the camera software.
Now on to decide how I want to finish my bear.

3 comments:

Deneen said...

I have been dying to try that, but of course, I want the Clover tool and mat to do it because I know I'll lose a finger. He looks awesome! It would look pretty darker under his arms and legs, you're putting gray over all of him anyway-right?

Love the TP cozy!

I saw a poodle pattern one in the Craftster Nifty Thrifty Crafts I am actually thinking about making with some of that vintage acrylic my brother got me. Yours is so original though!

naomi said...

Thanks Deneen. You should try the felting, as clutzy as I am I only stabbed myself a few times.

I started the poodle TP cozy a while back, but I can't seem to find my pom-pom maker. I used some of my aunt't old acrylic,in a neon coral. I came across this http://www.tackyliving.com/article.php?id=142
It goes with the poodle TP cozy.

Crafty Andy said...

I agree with Deneen on the TP cover. Your bear is so cuuute! I see youhave been keepingyourself busy! Keep up the good work!