Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Do You Remember ?

Do you remember this post ? Ever since then I've been on a sort of quest for vintage patterns. I thought I'd share a few photos of some of the patterns I've collected so far. The following pictures are taken from three different magazines. Woman's Day Granny Squares Number 1 with a publishing date of 1973. Woman's Day Granny Squares Number 4 with a publishing date of 1976. And last but not least McCall's Step by Step Crochet Lesson for Beginners with a publishing date of 1970.
Are you ready...........................
First is this lovey Baroque Bedspread


Next is the beautiful Cuffed cardigan




The ever stylish Tyrol Hat ( the little girl looks a bit pissed off to me)


The one of a kind Harlequin Poncho



Maybe the Millefleurs Maxi-skirt is for you




Maxi not your style, then you'll love the Mosaic Skirt, complete with fringe



Need an afghan .............. how about the unique Mosaic Afghan



Every thing old is new again the Patchwork Table cloth has granny squares paired with gingham.


Feeling a bit romantic............how about the Romantic Victorian Vest


These last two I've included mainly for the model. I can't be positive, but this sure looks like Susan Dey, styling in her Bubble-Stitch Dress.

Another look at her, this time looking toasty warm in her Striped Scarf and Hat Set


So there you have it a short trip back to the good old days. Ahhh, the '70's....................
In all fairness to the designers, the color choices then were really awful ! Just what on earth were we thinking then !?!
I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane of crochet.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Hi Naomi... came across your blog via Yarn & Musing... enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

Crafty Andy said...

Memory Lane, thanks for the nostalgic Memorabilia. The things we used to think were hip lol! Well some still are hip!

Anonymous said...

I actually had that cardigan!!! WOW!! I forgot all about it!

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the pattern for the afghan. would you be willing to share the pattern?

Edwarda

Edzia1125@aol.com

Harmony Kieding said...

wow! I've been looking all over the net for that mosaic afghan pattern! You wouldn't happen to have the instructions for making it, would you?

Linda said...

I'm looking for that afghan pattern also. Can't find it anywhere!