Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Can you tell me what this is ?

Does any one know what this is ? It's growing in front of my house beside a rosebush. (ignore the date, i don't know how to get it to the correct date, that's part of the not so swift) Now no smart a** comments as to what you think it is, I know what it resembles but we all know that they don't grow wild. I do have lots of mushroom looking things growing in my yard, but only one that looks like this.

As for the best laid plans, yeah right, it seems I'm not going to get my sister's table runner done in time after all. Ya see, I have a bit of tendonitis in my right wrist and usually I just work right through the pain from it, but today I can't. When I try to crochet day I get a shooting pain from the front of my wrist up to my middle finger and from my middle finger over to my pinkie has that 'pins and needle' feeling. I think that planting my tulip bulbs aggravated it a bit and the weather changing isn't helping it either. From experience I know I just have to rest it for a day or two and it will be back to crocheting as normal. Sis will understand, she's good like that, besides she and I are going out to dinner tonight.

Well I guess that's about it for now. Oh, and if you can identify the thingie in the picture let me know.

3 comments:

Crafty Andy said...

If it is not a fungus, it is a bulb.

Have you tried those Thermal gloves for the ocassional shooting pain. I use them whenever my pain acts up or I need to.

You can find these at Ebay or even Walgreens

1. HANDEZE'PLUS' THERMAL GLOVE
2. IMAK Smart Glove
3. Therapeutic Ergonomic Support Gloves

naomi said...

hmmmmmmm, a bulb, thanks, I'll have to see what it does in the spring.

I'm going to Walgreens later today, I'm going to look for the gloves. Thanks Andy.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. It looks almost like an upside down carrot. Well, if I were you, I wouldn't eat it. I don't see how it could be a bulb, though. I mean, bulbs don't grow upside down. Of course, either do carrots. I think you should call Professor Sprout. I'm sure she'd be able to tell you.

Lay off the wrist until it's better.