Friday, October 20, 2006

A Mysterious Box

I had some errands to run today, and it was a really yucky day to be out and about. It was dark,dreary, rainy and cool. I would have much rather been at home, but alas, I had some things that just couldn't wait. I swear every Sunday driver was out ! Now I know that wet leaves on the road can make some spots a little slippery, but come on people, it isn't snow and ice ! Needless to say, when I arrived back home I wasn't in the best of moods. I was damp, cold and frustrated.
Okay, now home I check the mailbox to see what Mr. Mailman has brought today, as I opened my mailbox I spy a "mysterious" white box and it's addressed to me !


The box

So I carry the "mysterious" box along with some other damp mail inside to get a closer look. I put on my glasses (yes, i need them to read) and the return address is from someone in Spokane Washington, a Jim Price, hmmmmmmmm Jim Price, it rings a bell but I can't quite place it. Then it hits me.....................it's the Jimbamboo !!! It's here at last !! (not that it took long to get here)
I quickily grab a knife to slit open the tape to open the box.
And here is what I found, carefully wrapped in bubble wrap and in red felt, tied snugly with twine,
















The Jimbamboo !



Isn't it beautiful !?!






I tried to get a close-up of the grain on the handle, the picture doesn't begin to show the beauty of this hook. Not only is it beautiful, it feels almost sensual in my hand. It's so smooth and contors to my hand perfectly, just as if Jimbo made "him" just for me. Ahhhhh, yes, Jimbamboo and I will spend many hours together.

Thanks go out to Jimbo for making such a beautiful work of art for me to crochet with.

Okay, now that I've made you jealous, I gotta go try out my new hook .

No comments: